With ease in lockdown and resumption of intercity mobility, IntrCity RailYatri, India’s largest intercity mobility brand has resumed its SmartBus services between Delhi to UP and Punjab routes. The company is also starting services from its Southern hubs at Bangalore and Hyderabad connecting to various cities in Karnataka, Telangana and AP. The company has introduced the Safe+ initiative to ensure the safety of its travelers, crew and driver-partners. Additionally, IntrCity RailYatri has also launched COVID-19 Insurance add-on for its travelers.
Under the Safe+ initiative, IntrCity RailYatri has launched a series of measures described below.
- Pre-sanitised Private Cabins for safe and contamination free travel for self and family.
- The travelers are being educated to board the buses from the IntrCity SmartBus lounges to ensure safe and social distancing compliant boarding.
- Five Step cleaning and sanitization protocol which ensures that every SmartBus would be disinfected and fumigated after every single trip. Every surface is thoroughly disinfected along with the cabins for travellers to board a safe bus. All the cabins will be sealed after the disinfection process till a traveller boards the bus and accesses the cabins.
- Mandatory Checkup of the staff where all IntrCity RailYatri crew are regularly checked for symptoms and thermal scan is recorded. They are required to wear protective masks and gloves at all times and their Aarogya Setu app status is closely monitored for their safety and the safety of our travelers.
- Travellers will board the bus after a KYC process, quarantined patients will be allowed only after they are able to show a certificate, mandatory thermal check from contactless device and checking of Aarogya Setu app status.
- IntrCity will also be offering the passengers COVID-19 Insurance add-on along with existing free accidental cover worth Rs 5 Lacs.
- IntrCity RailYatri has issued travel advisory for all travellers to travel with their own blankets and inflatable pillows for their own safety. However if needed, fresh sanitised blankets and personal bed-sheet are available from the bus captains. All travellers will be provided hand sanitizers and disinfected wet wipes and they are requested to wear masks and gloves for extra precaution.
Commenting on the new safe+ initiatives on IntrCity SmartBus, Manish Rathi, Co-founder and CEO IntrCity RailYatri said, “When Covid-19 hit India and the first lockdown was announced, we realized that life as we knew it will change. We reached out to travelers and did an extensive survey which clearly stated that our travelers wanted hygiene, sanitization and social distancing are a mandate to make them feel safe and travel with us. The pre-boarding eco-system was always a challenge for the travellers even in pre-COVID and it is now utmost important. We subsequently launched safe+ with a unique concept of Private Cabins for self and family. Our SmartBus team is committed to providing every traveler a safe travel experience.”