The Goa International Travel Mart (GITM) 2019 concluded on Friday, October 25, 2019 with the Honourable Chief Minister of Goa, Dr Pramod Sawant assuring support to investors in the tourism sector and further endorsing the move to develop Goa as a medical tourism destination.
Dr. Sawant who had inaugurated GITM 2019 at Arpora on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, visited the GITM exhibition on Friday evening and interacted with several of the tourism stakeholders who participated at the prestigious B2B event in Goa.
During the two day GITM 2019 exhibition held at the DrShyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium, several business sessions were held for participants namely by Chiraj Goel of MakeMyTrip and Goibibo, whiskey and wine tasting sessions and a talk was held by medical tourism which was attended by the medical fraternity in Goa. GITM 2019 Familiarisation Tours (FAM Tours) were organized for over 100 buyers to explore and experience Goa’s beauty and various other facets including adventure tourism activities. International media from 25 different media houses and around 36 domestic travel trade media, besides local media covered the event.
The chief goal of the expo is to increase the overall size of the tourism sector in Goa. The event will gather international professionals looking to find new ways to further Goa as an ideal destination and get a first hand exposure to various tourism products of the destination helping adding more days to the itineraries.
Major National and State level Trade and hospitality associations including the Association of Domestic Tour Operators Association of India (ADTOI), Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI), India Association of Tour Operators (IATO), Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI), Enterprising Agents Association of India (ETAA), Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG), etc are among the many supporting the event.
The event has been a grand success for several of the Goan stake-holders and presented a unique opportunity to showcase some of the best hospitality products to travel agents and tour operators from around the world. This event will help create a networking eco-system to focus on developing business opportunities with the travel-trade from India and abroad.
The event attracted participation from different parts of Goa, making it the biggest congregation of stake-holders from the state. The event presented opportunities for the State’s Hospitality and tourism industry to come together and showcase our diverse products to a global audience. The event generated interest for the state and had received commitments from Buyers to include more products of the state in their itineraries.
● One of India’s Biggest Hosted Buyer Travel-Event.
● The event was supported by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
● Organized as a pure B2B event, the event generated over 10,000 Appointments between our stakeholders and travel partners from around the world.
● Over 15 different tourism segments: World Heritage Sites, Adventure & Wildlife, Business Travel and Hotels, Conference and Meetings, Pilgrimages, Festivals of Goa etc
● 100 Exhibitors representing various products of Goa such as Luxury Hospitality Products, Homestays, Casinos and Gaming destinations, Whiskey and Wine Trails, Destination Management Companies, Adventure products such as water sports and Scuba Diving, Festivals of Goa, etc.
● Deltin Group, Taj Hotels, Marriott, Le Meridien Goa – Calangute and Double Tree Hilton – Panaji were the Hospitality Partners for the Event.
● The three-day event showcased the flavours of Goa prepared by renowned chefs delighting the Buyers and media alike.
The GITM concluded on a grand note with a prize distribution function winners of which are as follows: Best Boutique Stall awarded to The Postcard Hotel, Best Conceptualised Stall awarded to Planet Hollywood Beach Resort, Best Decorated Stall awarded to Bambolim Beach Resort, Best Eco Friendly Stall awarded to Concord Exotic Voyages, and Best Display Stall awarded to The Zuri White Sands Goa Resorts & Casino.
The entire event was managed by Alica Purple Advertising who were selected by the Tourism Department. Sphere Travel media and Exhibitions was the ‘Strategic Partner’ for the event.