Choice Hotels India today announced the launch of Commitment to Clean across the region. The initiative is Choice Hotels’ holistic approach to supplying franchisees and their employees with the tools they need to help Choice-branded hotels achieve superior levels of cleanliness, and address health and safety concerns associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Commitment to Clean leverages guidance from the World Health Organization and other leading sources
The Commitment to Clean initiative builds on Choice Hotels’ long-standing cleanliness protocols, and enhances the existing program with guidance developed in response to the pandemic, including recommendations related to deep cleaning, disinfecting, hygiene, and social distancing best practices and protocols.
Choice Hotels’ approach to infection prevention includes a new online resource hub available to franchisees, featuring operational best practices, training and resources from Ecolab’s industry-leading experts. Additionally, every Choice-branded hotel will designate a ‘Commitment to Clean Captain,’ each of whom will complete applicable best-in-class cleanliness training and will be responsible for incorporating the new protocols into their hotel’s operations.
Over the next few weeks, guests may experience a growing variety of new and improved protocols, products and communications, some of which are already in place, to promote health and safety, including:
- Heightened cleaning protocols for high-traffic areas such as the front desk, fitness centers and pools, as well as other high-touch surfaces throughout the hotel.
- Furniture arrangements designed to encourage appropriate social distancing.
- Housekeeping ‘on-demand’ option that allows guests to request delivery of additional toiletries, towels, linens or coffee without having a housekeeper enter the room.
- Design enhancements to help facilitate contactless check-in and check-out, such as plexiglass partitions at front desks for added protection and key drops for guests’ use upon departure.
- ‘Clean seals’ on certain high-touch items in guest rooms to provide reassurance of sterilized condition.
- Allowance of personal protective equipment for hotel staff, including masks and gloves, to safeguard guests and employees.
- Hand sanitizing stations located in high-traffic areas throughout the hotel, such as the front desk and fitness center.
- On-property signage and decals reiterating social distancing guidelines, personal sanitation guidelines and the importance of surface cleaning.
- Communications from front desk staff to guests about precautions taken for their safety and comfort, and reminders about additional safeguards available at guests’ choosing.
The company will also be exploring the implementation of various technologies in the months ahead, including mobile check-in and keyless entry to further facilitate the contactless guest experience, as well as ultraviolet light instruments, air purifiers and ozone generators to further enhance sanitation.