OYO has crossed the 50 million app downloads mark today, with India leading with the most downloads followed by Indonesia, Malaysia, the USA, and Brazil. OYO came into existence in 2013 and has now become a truly Indian brand that put itself on the global map.
Interesting trivia on OYO’s app downloads milestone:
- In 2020, on average, the company witnessed 32 app installs per minute
- Across India, the top five cities with the most downloads include New Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Lucknow and Hyderabad
- The app data reveals that Delhi ranked as the city with the most active consumer base in India
- This year, January saw the most downloads globally, indicating traveller’s aspirations for the holiday season, prior to the pandemic
- The OYO app is available in 9 languages across the world, including English, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish, Bahasa, Arabic, Japanese, and Vietnamese.
Commenting on the milestone, Rohit Kapoor, CEO, India & South Asia, OYO said, “We, at OYO, truly believe that the pandemic has transformed us for the better, as it forced us to think ahead of time, re-tool and introduce several initiatives to cope with the new normal. We have directed our efforts in continuously innovating ways to ensure the best customer experiences, be it rolling out Yo! Help, our realtime assistant, or partnering with Unilever to enhance our Sanitised Stays initiative.”
“There couldn’t have been a better time for us to have hit the 50 million app downloads mark this year. We’re thrilled and humbled at the same time. Since Unlock 3.0, OYO has managed to reach 30 per cent of the pre-COVID occupancy levels with bookings led by millennials and small and mid-sized businesses across 20+ states and UTs. This is a positive sign showcasing consumer intent to travel again. It is also a testament to OYO’s resilience, ability to adapt, and most importantly, our strengthening consumer confidence. We stand ready to welcome everyone who is looking for quality accommodation at affordable prices, making it accessible to one and all. In the past six years and especially this year, we’ve worked across the length and breadth of the product to ensure that we become a truly customer-obsessed organisation that cares about delivering the best experiences to our guests every step of the way.”