The Venetia Macao’s two exceptional signature restaurants – the award-winning Portofino Italian restaurant and one-Michelin-starred The Golden Peacock Indian restaurant – will introduce a selection of new speciality regional menus from Sept. 1–30, 2017, with dishes starting from just MOP98*.
Portofino’s talented Senior Chef Domenico Cicchetti will present a Sicilian à la carte menu using ingredients directly sourced from the legendary Italian island. Sicily’s rich history and culture is apparent in its vibrant cuisine, which is both delicious and healthy, with an emphasis on fresh vegetables and fruit, olive oil, seafood, rice and grains.
“We are sourcing and bringing over some amazing ingredients from Sicily especially for this promotion, and can guarantee diners authentic flavours from this distinctively different part of Italy,” said Chef Domenico. “Rustic yet sophisticated, the emphasis is on the quality of ingredients combined with the artful use of Sicilian herbs and spices.”
Meanwhile The Golden Peacock will offer the Indian regional cuisine of Goa, which as a former Portuguese territory shares many parallels with Macao, especially in its intriguing blending of eastern and western influences. Diners can expect an emphasis on seafood, along with coconut, chili peppers, rich spices and vinegar, which gives the food its unique flavour. A nine-course tasting menu is offered at MOP888* and an à la carte menu with dishes starting at MOP108*.
Portofino Sicilian menu
• Arancini (stuffed rice balls, tomato and beef ragout, fresh peas, cheese)
• Arance, finocchi e acciughine (mixed salad: orange, grilled eggplant, anchovy)
• Pesto trapanese (caserecce pasta, sun dried tomato, almond and ricotta pesto basil oil, lemon zest)
• Pasta con le sarde (bucatini pasta, wild fennel and sardine sauce)
• Braciole di spade (pan-seared swordfish involtini, pecorino, capers, pistachios)
• Costolette di agnello al pistacchio del bronte (pistachio crusted lamb chops)
The Golden Peacock Goan menu
• Gillardeau oyster, toddy vinegar, cashew fenny caviar
• Curried Scottish Scallop Soup
• Garlic drumstick and mushroom croquettes
• Pan-fried prawn piri-piri with chilli and toddy vinegar
• Goan fish curry
• Pomfret Ambotik (silver pomfret, chilli, garlic, banana shallots, tamarind)
• Seafood balchao
• Cashew nut, okra, coconut paste, coriander, green chilli
• Mango and dates