On the heels of its reimagined global design strategy, Renaissance Hotels, part of Marriott International, announced its continued brand evolution with a new ‘Discover This Way’ marketing campaign that reinforces the brand’s promise of delivering the unexpected. To commemorate this, Renaissance Hotels will help guests uncover the soul of their neighborhoods around the world with exclusive experiences and perks from the brand’s This Way partners on its 8th annual Global Day of Discovery on Thursday, May 16. The brand will also begin to introduce a new visual identity for the first time in nearly eight years which will reflect what they offer today; a sense of clever theatricality and an open invitation to experience something a little unexpected during guests’ travels.
This year’s annual Global Day of Discovery celebration, which takes place at 160 hotels in more than 35 countries, will spotlight the Renaissance Hotel Navigator, who -counter to a typical concierge – knows to show guests how to discover destinations like a local by handpicking discoveries that cannot be found in a guidebook.
“We have been on a mission to continue to evolve what Renaissance Hotels offers today, and this year’s Global Day of Discovery and new “Discover This Way” campaign officially marks a new era for the brand,” said George Fleck, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing & Management, Renaissance Hotels. “Today’s travellers want to feel like they’ve experienced the DNA of the neighborhood in the destination they are visiting and make the most of their trip. With help from our This Way neighborhood partners, we are committed to giving travelers something a little bit unexpected every step along their journey.”
From live performing artists to savouring delightful Indian cuisines, Renaissance Hotels embarks on a journey to create unexpected moments for guests in line with the new marketing campaign
The brand’s new ‘Discover This Way’ campaign is inspired by the idea that every trip can be a tale. From the brand’s surprising approach to design, to its original take on beverages and its team of local Navigators, Renaissance Hotels will help its global travellers make memorable experiences.
The Renaissance hotels in India including, Renaissance Bengaluru Race Course Hotel, Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, Renaissance Lucknow Hotel and Renaissance Ahmedabad Hotel, set the mood for the spontaneous to happen, inviting guests to learn and experience something they weren’t planning. The celebration creates moments where travellers come together to discover cultural elements in unexpected ways.
Executions that showcase each of the brand’s pillars of evenings, theatrical design and neighbourhood will roll out across a variety of platforms around the globe.
Navigators uncover local haunts for guests from the iconic Tipu Sultan Summer Palace in Bengaluru to hidden artworks; neighbourhoods come alive on Global Day of Discovery
To punctuate the new campaign and 8th annual Global Day of Discovery, and India being a melting pot of cultures, Renaissance Hotels is set to offer guests the gift of remarkable experiences rich of varied cultures, heritage, sights, sounds, tastes and art that makes each city unique.
The worldwide celebration open to global guests and local residents, is created to encourage travellers to discover the hidden gems that give neighborhoods their soul – from culture tours to exotic local cuisines. These unique experiences coupled with entertaining performances and Evening Bar Rituals, are sure to inspire stories worth sharing among travelers and locals alike.
- Guests visiting Renaissance Bengaluru Race Course Hotel will discover the indigenous city through the distinct ‘Namma Bengaluru’ experience. Their expedition begins with a hearty local Bengaluru breakfast, followed by a visit to the captivating Tipu Sultan Summer Palace and a walk down heritage lane by exploring local artisans and handicrafts. Their expedition culminates into ‘The Discovery Gala’ night with an incredible line up of artists coupled with creative artisans like Rangoli designers, Channapatna toy carvers, fabric artists, along with delectable food, luxury indulgences and signature R Bar rituals.
- Renaissance Lucknow Hotel is offering an excursion synonymous to its culture. Guests will pay a visit to Malihabad, the mango capital of India to meet Padma Shri Saleem Ullah Khan, the ‘Mango Man of India”, known to have grown over 300 varieties of the king of the fruits on a single tree, using grafting techniques. Following this, guests will sip on beverages specially curated by expert mixologists and indulge in an elaborate Dastarkhwan, with authentic dishes infused with robust Indian flavours.
- At Renaissance Ahmedabad Hotel, travelers will explore the Amul manufacturing plant, the biggest producer of milk and dairy products in the world, along with the brand’s chocolate manufacturing unit. As guests arrive back to the property, unexpected moments await as they uncover the heart of Ahmedabad through a soulful evening along with locally inspired mocktails.
From the hallways of Renaissance Paris Vendome to the streets of Bangkok, Renaissance Hotels will offer experiences that go beyond the convention of travel
Beginning on Global Day of Discovery and continuing regularly thereafter, Renaissance Hotels across the globe will collaborate with a diverse group of local businesses and notable personalities who embody the soul of the neighborhood to serve as This Way partners. Each This Way partner will help give travelers a glimpse into Renaissance Hotels’ storied neighborhoods, highlighting the style, eats and beats of the destinations. Upon check-in, guests will be given a Navigator map leading travelers to hidden gems, along with a token for travelers to present to these local establishments in order to access exclusive perks.
- Guests from all six Renaissance hotels in Paris will follow footsteps that lead to a secret room within a neighborhood cafe, revealing an interactive local art gallery where nothing is as it seems. Travelers will sip champagne punch as they are surprised with unexpected moments that ignite all the senses throughout the evening.
- One of Thailand’s most notable archeologists will help guests of Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel to explore street art in Chalerm La Park, Lakshmi Shrine at Gaysorn Village, neon night markets and other local discoveries. Upon returning to the hotel, guests will be welcomed by a Thai Night Festival featuring the destination’s arts and culture scene, complete with an exclusive performance by Thai celebrity actor, model Push Puttichai.
- Travelers visiting Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai will cross the canal to the city’s budding arts district in the industrial area of Al Quoz. As guests arrive at Alserkal Avenue, they will follow footsteps imprinted on mounds of spices that lead to a variety of cultural experiences showcasing the district’s distinct blend of global cultures.
- Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel guests will venture out to uncover the colors, soul and intriguing stories of Conjunto Nacional, a symbolic building located on Paulista Avenue. Unexpected art, dance and musical experiences will pop up during stops at Livraria Cultura, a beautifully designed bookstore by architect Fernando Brandao in 1969, and CINEARTE, the locale’s indie movie theatre that showcases hard-to-find Brazilian and Latin productions, to name a few.
Global ‘Renaissance’ continues with a new visual identity that spotlights moments of discovery around every neighbourhood street corner
On the heels of Renaissance Hotels’ continued global design evolution, the brand is furthering its ongoing renaissance by introducing a fresh new visual identity for the first time in nearly eight years. Inspired by the new ‘Discover This Way’ campaign and on-property experiences, the new visual identity- which will include a refreshed color palette, photography and font type – will begin to roll out in-room and through all of the brand’s digital channels, starting in June.
Renaissance Hotels’ marketing and design teams developed the neighborhood-inspired color palette of muted and rich colors, from grayish pavement to deepest midnight to downtown cargo. The palette captures the brand’s signature mix of high and low, raw and polished elements – all of which make up a modern neighborhood.