ICICI Bank today announced the launch of a co-branded multicurrency travel card with Goibibo, a leading online travel booking company, to offer convenience as well as monetary benefits to the burgeoning section of international travel enthusiasts of the country. Anyone travelling abroad, whether an ICICI Bank savings account customer or not, can apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ digitally on the Goibibo website and mobile app. Accepted across 200 countries and 46 million merchants globally, the card can be loaded with upto 15 currencies.
The card is bundled with benefits upto Rs. 20,000 which includes gift vouchers worth Rs 15,000 from Goibibo along with other benefits, that can be used to purchase flights and book hotels on the travel site. Additionally, customers get 40 paise discount on currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1000. Further, they get the advantage of complimentary card protection from theft / loss upto Rs. 5 lakh. It also provides flat 15% discount at over 100 Indian restaurants across six foreign cities. To offer an enhanced convenience of managing the currencies loaded in the travel card seamlessly, the card allows customers to instantly convert money from one currency to another at Bank’s internet portal, as well as reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere using the Bank’s mobile and internet banking platform.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch, Mr. Sudipta Roy, Head – Unsecured Assets, Credit Cards & Personal Loans, ICICI Bank said, “We are delighted to partner with Goibibo to offer our first co-branded multi-currency travel card. Customers have always been at the core of our innovations and offerings. So, we continually strive to provide improved convenience as well as more benefits to them. This offering is in line with that philosophy.
According to UN World Tourism Organisation estimate, India is the second fastest growing outbound tourism market in the world, after China. Around 50 million Indians are estimated to travel overseas in 2019, more than double of 23 million in 2017. To cater to this burgeoning segment, we have introduced the card with more convenience and unprecedented benefits. The ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ not only offers the convenience of one-card-across-countries with an option of loading upto 15 currencies, but also comes bundled with some of the best-in class services. Additionally, one can easily apply for it digitally from Goibibo’s site and mobile app by furnishing a few details.
In addition to this co-branded travel card, we cater to our travel enthusiast customers with other products such as Sapphiro Travel Card and Coral Travel Card. We aspire to accomplish a new dimension in consumer space in Indian digital payments and contribute largely to the growth of the Bank’s travel card portfolio.”
Mr. Saujanya Shrivastava, Chief Business Officer, Goibibo said, “As more and more Indians travel overseas for leisure or business, they are consistently looking for hassle-free and safe ways of making payments without the fuss that comes with currency conversion. With an aim to make travel an even more rewarding experience, we are happy to partner with ICICI Bank to offer a host of tailor-made services that will deliver most meaningful and distinctive value proposition for the new age travelers.’’
Exclusive benefits of the Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel card include:
Travel privileges upto Rs 20,000:
- Exclusive Goibibo vouchers worth Rs. 15,000/-
- Gift voucher of ‘goCash+’ worth Rs. 500/-. (goCash+ is fully redeemable Goibibo currency and can be fully redeemed upto the value on the travel portal)
- Discount of 40 paise on currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1000
- Complimentary cards’ protection service offered by OneAssist wallet assistance worth Rs. 1,600. This provides theft/lost card protection to customers of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Discount of Rs. 500/- on shopping at Croma outlets (including at airport and online)
- Ola discount voucher worth of Rs. 500 on load of USD 1,000 and Rs. 1,000 on load of USD 2,000
- Dining discount of flat 15% at 100+ Indian restaurants in 6 cities namely Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok
- Theft/lost card protection to customers of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Comprehensive travel insurance coverage ranging from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Instant reloading and currency transfer:
- Instant transfer of money from one currency to another through Bank’s internet portal and reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere using the Bank’s mobile and internet banking platform.
- Free replacement travel card included in the kit
To apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’, customers can follow the below simple steps:
- Login to Goibibo website / mobile application
- Fill few details like name, mobile number, passport number, Email ID, PAN number etc.
- Enter OTP received on mobile number and address
- Select the currency and amount to be loaded
- Make payment using ICICI Bank savings account or billdesk portal for non ICICI Bank customers
Further, verifier visits customers’ address in few working days to verify documents, collect photocopy of passport, pan card, visa; and hand deliver the kit of travel card. The card gets activated within one working day of submission of the documents.