Celebrating the hues of mother nature and the fervour of spring season, the 32nd Garden Tourism Festival is being organised by Delhi Tourism in association with Government of Delhi. The festival will be inaugurated on Feb 15, at 4:00 p.m. by Shri Manish Sisodia, Honourable Deputy Chief Minister and Minister of Tourism, Govt of Delhi.
With the objective to create awareness about the environment and showcase the rich floriculture of Delhi, the three-day extravaganza is themed ‘Plants-Lifeline for Everyone’ this year. Emphasising on the importance of plants in one’s home, the festival brings together various elements that help one create flourishing home gardens. The theme narrates the important role gardening plays in our life with various health and environmental benefits.
The festival over the years has become the biggest flower show in the capital as participants include the horticulture departments of NDMC, CPWD, DJB, DDA, SDMC, Northern Railways, Airport Authority, Noida Authority, Environment and Forest Department (GNCTD), leading nurseries, and suppliers of the horticulture equipment, seeds, fertilizers etc. A large variety of seasonal and exclusive flowers are displayed and competitions will be held in various categories. Special cultural programmes have been organised to entertain the visitors and create a festive atmosphere. A variety of food stalls and several amusement facilities for children are a part of the Garden Tourism Festival.
The venue, Garden of Five Senses spread over 22 acres of land is dotted with colourful flowers which shall add to the charm of the event.
The Highlights of 32nd Garden Tourism Festival are as follows:
• Display of Terrariums, Floral Animals, Potted Plants, Foliage, Medicinal and Herbal Plants, Hanging Baskets, Dahlia, Roses, Cacti, Bonsai, Bougainvillea, cut flowers, nursery stalls, etc.
• Painting Competition for children
• Garden Bazaar: sale of flowers, plants, organic items, medicinal plants, gardening accessories, etc.
• Live Entertainment: Folk and cultural performances including bands
• Various food stalls where people will get to savour the taste of different delicacies.
• Activities like magic show, on the spot painting competition for children.
The festival shall remain open for the public from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm on all three days. Delhi Tourism will also provide free shuttle service from Saket Metro Station to the venue and back.