About Sampan Media
A bunch of like-minded travel enthusiasts came together in July 2010 and floated a company called Sampan Media Private Limited. Sampan, meaning fulfillment, was established to bridge the gap between the travel news and trade views. Sampan Media Pvt Ltd is a media organisation with a difference as it follows the basic principles of hard-work and honesty. With offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Odisha and Kolkata, Sampan Media ensures maximum reach and visibility to all its products. With a collective experience of over 50 years in the travel trade, Sampan Media heralded the era of fine publishing in the travel trade with the publication of its first product Travel Trade Journal, aka, TTJ!
We offer you the reach and content that no one else does. With our pan-Asia distribution and our wide-spread team of experienced marketing personnel and offices located in seven cities in India and also internationally, we offer you the maximum reach and visibility. We reach where most cannot think. We drive our own content and thus churn out original, thought evoking stories that the fraternity today wants to read. We rake up issues pertinent to the growth of the industry today. Our impact is validated by the fact that we have won 5 awards in just two years of operations, being recognised by all the trade people for our quality content and high standard of production and design.
About Travel Trade Journal
Travel Trade Journal (TTJ), established in 2010, changed the way travel news was treated in trade journals and raised the bar of trade publications in India. A monthly update on the happenings and news in the trade circuit, TTJ is a magazine with a difference. From the who’s who of the Indian trade industry, to the new entrants in the travel fraternity, we cover all (agents, tour operators, hotels and resorts, airlines, airports, MoT, NTOs, states, international news, technology, and more). Every venture is significant enough to find place in our magazine. If you have news, we can be your mouthpiece, if you have opinion; we can spread it across to people. We bring you news, opinions and discussions without any bias or self interest.
Sampan Media’s monthly publication ‘Travel Trade Journal ‘ is devoted to strategic and policy issues in the travel and tourism sector covering all news and views related to agents, national and international tourism boards, hotel industry, transportation, government policies and civil aviation sector in the country. A perfect balance of news, views, debates, updates, TTJ helps you stay abreast with the latest developments every month.
Tourism today plays an integral part in the development and growth of Indian economy, for not only does it contribute to the GDP of the country and brings in loads of foreign exchange; it is also perhaps the largest employment generating industry in the country today. Sampan Media’s monthly publication ‘Travel Trade Journal ‘ is devoted to strategic and policy issues in the travel and tourism sector covering all news and views related to agents, national and international tourism boards, hotel industry, transportation, government policies and civil aviation sector in the country.
A perfect balance of news, views, debates, updates, TTJ helps you stay abreast with the latest developments every month. With our policy of not giving weightage to press releases sent to us has kept up ahead of our competitors and helped us gain an edge over them. TTJ comes out with theme based issues each month covering a variety of topics such as activities of State Tourism Boards, International Tourism Boards, Aviation, Hospitality, Technology, MICE, trade associations, Summer/Monsoon/Winter Special and more. We do analytical stories, debates, issue-based stories, in all our issues. We are proud of the fact that almost 80 per cent of TTJ’s content is driven by its own team, and not through the news fed to us.
Our Periodicity and Circulation
A monthly publication, TTJ, with a wide run Pan – South Asia circulation, spanning Indian and international shores, enjoys a regular print run of 40,000 copies with a readership base of over 180,000 people in the travel trade. In our special issues, such as ITB Berlin, ATM, WTM, IATO, TAAI, TAFI, we do an additional print run ranging from 2000-5000 copies. In order to ensure pan India distribution, TTJ has its own team to penetrate the trade in cities such as Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Jaipur and Ahmedabad.
Our Target Audience
A wide spectrum of people involved in the tourism industry. From the CEOs and MDs at the top level to the people involved in various managerial positions, all wait to know what’s the latest in the industry through TTJ. Enjoying a regular print run of 40,000 copies with a readership base of over 180,000 people in the travel trade, TTJ commands the maximum reach and visibility amongst most of the trade magazines in India today. We reach out to over 30,000 tour operators / travel agents, 10,000 hoteliers, state tourism boards, international tourism boards, people in the aviation industry, cruise industry, technology, car rentals, and more.
- In less than one year of its operations, TTJ won its first recognition at the Annual Convention of Indian Association of the Tour Operators (IATO) Convention in Ahmedabad in August 2011 for being the ‘Best Young Publication of the Year’ Award.
- Soon after that, TTJ won its second award for the ‘Best Innovative Publication of the Year’ at the ADTOI Annual Convention in New Delhi. The award was given by the then Honourable Minister for Tourism, Shri Subodh Kant Sahay in August 2011.
- Another feather to its cap was added when one of the largest ever annual conventions of IATO in Mumbai in 2012 recognised TTJ as ‘The Best Travel Trade Publication’ in the presence of over 1000 travel trade members.
- Following this, the Association of Domestic Tour Operators of India (ADTOI), also honoured TTJ with the ‘Leading Travel Trade Publication of the Year’ Award in Srinagar in October 2012. The award was given by the then Honourable Minister for Tourism, Shri Subodh Kant Sahai.
- In addition to this, associations such as TAAI and TAFI, which comprises travel agents, also recognised TTJ for its outstanding content, quality production and impressive layout.
- TTJ also enjoys many ‘firsts’ to its credit, such as it was the first trade magazine to do an exclusive interview of the Honourable Civil Aviation Minister – Ajit Sigh, Former Tourism Minister – Shri Subodh Kant Sahai, Honourable Chief Minister of Delhi – Smt. Sheila Dixit, Honourable Director General, DGCA – Shri Arun Mishra, the present Honourable Tourism Minister Dr. K. Chiranjeevi, and more.
- Sampan Media enjoys the support and trust of many tourism-friendly states such as Odisha, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, who not only advertise in the magazine but also keep TTJ abreast with the latest happening in their state and offers exclusive coverage rights of various events to or publication.
- Sampan Media was entrusted with the mammoth task of bringing out the 250 pages IATO Manual, which is an annual publication of the association and talks about the various facets of India as a destination and the achievements of the association in the year gone by.
- In addition to the IATO Mannual, the team of TTJ did live coverage of the convention by printing onsite dailies in Mumbai and also took out a 16-page post convention coverage report for the association.
- TTJ has also enjoyed the privilege of being the Media Partner at various international events and has hosted few seminars in association with ATTA as its Knowledge Partners.